Shari's takes a very broad-based approach to our benefits packages. Offerings range from career development opportunities to financial ones, from health insurance to ample vacation time. All in all, Shari's benefits spell job satisfaction.Download Benefits Packet (1.3MB PDF)
- Medical Benefits
- Shari's offers a comprehensive medical plan which is available to our restaurant managers after 90 days of employment or after 30 days from promotion into management. This plan includes hospitalization, office visits, lab and x-rays, emergency care, prescription drugs, mental health care, and chemical dependency along with 24-hour nurse support. Coverage for alternative care treatments such as acupuncture, manipulative treatment, and services by a naturopathic doctor are covered up to $1,000 a year. Shari's generously pays 75% of the premium for employees and 62% of dependent coverage. If elected, the manager can pay their portion of the premium pre-tax. The participant's out-of-pocket expense is lower when services are received from a preferred health care provider.
- Dental Benefits
- Shari's dental plan is included in the medical plan and covers a portion of routine preventative services, basic services, diagnostic services and major services up to $1,500 annually. The participant's out-of-pocket expense is lower when services received are from a preferred dentist.
- Pay and Bonus
- Shari's offers competitive salary range for management including an aggressive bonus program. Managers are paid every other Friday and bonuses are paid every four weeks, meaning there are 26 pay checks and 13 bonus checks in a year. Bonuses are based on a combination of sales volume and controllable profit in your restaurant.
- Direct Deposit
- Shari's offers direct deposit to general managers and assistant managers.
- Life Insurance
- Shari's provides each General Manager and Assistant Manager life insurance equaling their annual salary, but not less than $50,000 and not to exceed $100,000. This coverage provides a monetary benefit to your family or designated beneficiary in the event of your death. Those eligible are automatically enrolled in Shari's life insurance plan on the first day of the month following your first 90 days of employment with Shari's.
- Income Protection
- Shari's also offers voluntary enrollment in short-term disability coverage to general managers and assistant managers. This coverage can provide you with an income stream should you temporarily be unable to work due to a disability or illness.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Shari's 401(k) is an excellent way to save for retirement through pre-tax payroll deductions. Currently Shari's matches a portion of your contributions based on company financial results.
- As a manager you begin accruing vacation time from your date of hire or the date you are promoted into management. Working full time, managers accrue 80 hours of vacation time in years 1-5. After five years you will accrue 120 hours and after 10 years you will accrue 160 hours.
- Sick Time
- Upon hire or promotion into management, exempt managers receive 40 hours of sick pay. An additional 40 hours is awarded at each anniversary.
- Leaves of Absences
- Should the need arise for an manager to take a leave of absence, Shari's makes available the applicable State and Federal leaves as well as bereavement leave. If the need doesn't qualify for a leave we do our best in working with the team member in meeting their need for time off.
Hourly Employee Benefits
- Medical Benefits
- Shari's hourly restaurant employees are eligible to enroll in a limited benefit medical plan after 30 days of employment. This plan allows employees to choose from three levels of coverage to tailor the coverage to meet the needs of you and your dependents.
- Shari's offers competitive pay based on experience and we pay our employees every other week with 26 pay periods in a year.
- Holiday Pay
- Shari's is proud to be able to serve our guests 365 days a year, including holidays, and in doing so we are happy to pay our team members in certain positions holiday pay on Thanksgiving and Christmas day.
- Tip Sharing
- Shari's does not have a tip pooling policy in place, but instead we encourage our tipped team members to voluntarily tip those who help contribute to their guests' satisfaction.
- Shari's 401(k) is a great way to save for retirement through pre-tax payroll deductions. For those team members that qualify to participate in the plan, Shari's is currently matching a percentage of your contributions based on company financial results.
- After one year of employment, hourly team members can begin accruing vacation hours any time they work 60 hours or more in a two-week pay period.
- Income Protection
- For those hourly employees enrolled in Shari's limited benefit medical plan, we offer the option of adding life insurance of $20,000 for themselves and $2,500 and $1,250 for covered spouse and dependent(s) respectively. Short-term disability coverage can also be added.
- Leaves of Absence
- Should the need arise for an employee to take a leave of absence, Shari's makes available the applicable State and Federal leaves. If the need doesn't qualify for a leave we do our best in working with the team member in meeting their need for time off.